Fees & Charges 2023
Non-Residents and Non EU Residents
Average Daily Cost
- Inpatient Stay: €1,279 per night
- Day Case: €1,206 per day case
- ED Attendance: €295 per attendance
- Outpatient Visit: €166 per visit
- Physiotherapy: €54 per attendance
Private Hospital Accommodation Charges
Private/Single Occupancy Room - €1,000 per night
Semi Private/Multi Occupancy Room €813 per night( there is no minimum number of beds in a semi private/multi occupancy room)
Private Day Case €407 per day case
Fees of all Consultants involved in the patient care.
- ED/Casualty Charge is €100.
- Each attendance at ED/Casualty incurs a charge.
- Non-Residents and Non EU Residents - €295 per attendance
Medical Card Holders
Exemptions to the Statutory A&E / Casualty charge is applicable to Medical Card Holders.
What Is a Medical Card?
A Medical Card is issued by the HSE. People who hold a Medical Card are entitled to a range of Health Services free of charge.
You are entitled to the following services if you have a Medical Card:
- Doctors Visits - a range of family doctor or GP services from a chosen doctor contracted to the HSE in your local area
- Prescription Medicines: The supply of prescribed approved medicines, aids and appliances like wheelchairs, crutches etc. In some circumstances a deposit may be required for aids and appliances which will be refunded on return of the aid or appliance
- Certain Dental, Ophthalmic (Eye), and Aural (Ear) health services
- Hospital Care - all in-patient services in public wards in public hospitals, including public consultant services
- Hospital Visits - All out-patient services in public hospitals, including public consultant services
- Maternity Cash Grant on the birth of each child
- Medical & Midwifery Care for Mothers, including health care related to pregnancy and the care of the child for six weeks after birth
- Some personal and social care services, for example, public health nursing, social work services and other community care services based on client need.