After the launch of the NCCP in 2007, a key priority was the establishment of designated cancer centres for cancer surgery. The majority, but not all, cancer surgery now takes place in the designated cancer centres.
We are one of the eight cancer centres of the HSE National Cancer Control Programme (NCCP) and one of two centres in the Southern Region. We provide cancer services predominantly to people who live in the counties of Cork, Kerry, South Tipperary, West Waterford, South East Limerick.
Our cancer services include tests to diagnose cancer, surgical cancer treatments, oncology consultations, chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatments.
In the Regional Cancer Centre diagnostic clinics are held in relation to referrals for the Breast, Lung, Prostate, Colorectal services.
Rapid Access Lung Clinic
- Held every Monday morning from 9.00a.m to 1.00p.m & on the fourth Wednesday of every month from 9.00a.m. to 1.00p.m. –
- Lung Clinics are delivered by Dr. Michael Henry & Dr. Marcus Kennedy with the assistance of Clinical Nurse Specialists.
- It is the path of referral by the CUH for all patients being referred into the Rapid Access Lung Clinic to have a CT scan of chest prior to their clinic visit.
Rapid Access Symptomatic Breast Clinic
- Clinics are held on a daily basis and are led by our Consultant Breast Surgeons
Ms. Louise Kelly
Mr. Martin O'Sullivan
Ms. Deirdre O'Hanlon
Mr. Mark Corrigan
- At clinic you will be examined by a Doctor. The Doctor may decide to refer you on for some tests – you might have a mammogram or breast ultrasound or both. You may also require a test that will involve having a small needle put into the breast. (Information booklet is available) (link)
- New patient clinics are supported by our Clinical Nurse Specialists.
Rapid Access Prostate Clinic
- Held every week on Tuesdays between 9.00a.m. – 1.00p.m.
- Mr. Frank O’Brien is our Consultant Urologist who runs the clinics
- All new patients on their first visit will be seen by a Doctor. The Doctor may decide to refer you on for some further tests and you will be sent further appointments for these tests.
- At clinic Mr O’Brien will be supported by a Clinical Nurse Specialist who will also be available for you to talk to with any worries or queries
Rapid Access Colorectal Clinic
- held every Wednesday afternoon & all day Thursday
- The Clinicians responsible for these clinics are Mr. Emmet Andrews & Mr. Morgan McCourt.
- Both clinics are supported by Advanced Nurse Practitioner & a Clinical Nurse Specialist.
- A number of procedures are performed at these clinics, but a patient may only be for one of these or a variation of them:
- Pre-Tibial Nerve Stimulation (PTNS)
- Endoanal Ultrasound
How Do I Access These Services?
All our Rapid Access services are accessed via G.P. referrals. Every referral sent into the Centre is triaged by one of our Consultants relevant to the speciality.
There are National guidelines for referrals:
Rapid Access Lung Clinic - referrals must be seen with 10 working days of receipt of referral
Rapid Access Prostate Clinic – referrals must be seen within 20 working days of receipt of referral
Rapid Access Symptomatic Breast Clinic following triage by Consultant patients must be seen per the following:
Urgents – within 10 working days of receipt of referral;
Soon – within 30 working days of receipt of referral;
Routine – within 60 working days of receipt of referral.
|Rapid Access Breast Clinic Appointment Co-Ordinator||021/4920189|
|Rapid Access Lung Clinic Appoinmtent Co-Ordinator ||021/4920453|
|Rapid Access Prostate Clinic Appointment Co-Ordinator ||021/4922113|
|Rapid Access Colorectal Clinic Appointment Co-Ordinator ||021/4920454|
|Reception at Regional Cancer Centre||021-4920400/4920449|
|Unit Manager, Regional Cancer Centre||021/4920371|
Clinical Nurse Specialists Breast
Clinical Nurse Specialist Lung
Prostate Nurse Co-Ordinator
Colorectal Nurse Specialist
Advanced Nurse Practitioner - Anne Murphy
Patient Information Leaflets
We have some Patient booklets and leaflets for further guidance.