Materials Management - Procurement
Procurement (Materials Management)
Cork University Hospital
Phone +353 (0)21 4922152
The Procurement Department is responsible for the procurement of goods for the Hospital in accordance with EU procurement directives, government guidelines and internal policies and procedures. The Purchasing Section of CUH provides a purchasing service for a range of goods and services to the CUH Group including St. Mary’s Orthopaedic Hospital, Community Hospitals, Health Centres and Clinics.
The structure includes :
- Customer Services
- Accounts Payable
The role of the Procurement Department is to :
- Ensure compliance with National / EU procurement guidelines and regulations by establishing and maintaining policies that pertain to procurement law
- The Department adheres to National EU procurement directives, thus ensuring that procurement is dealt with in a fair open and transparent manner.
- Employ best commercial practice in procurement thus ensuring that the basic principle of the most economically advantageous quote / tender is applied to all purchasing decisions.
- Ensure compliance with the purchase to pay financial regulations in line with Statutory Prompt Payment Act 1997.
- Develop and maintain appropriate stock management practices and procedures.
- Provide a customer-orientated purchasing and supply service to Users.
- Engage in performance monitoring of all key elements of Procurement including taking corrective action where appropriate.