The Department of Clinical Neurophysiology at Cork University Hospital offers the full range of Neurophysiology investigations.
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Video Telemetry EEG (Long Term Monitoring)
- Multiple Sleep Latency Tests
- Evoked Potentials (VEP)
- Nerve Conduction Studies (NCS)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Repetitive and Single Fibre EMG
Referrals for Clinical Neurophysiology can be through you GP (directly) or by Consultant .
- Suspected Seizures
- Confusional States ( Encephalitis) .
- Following consultation with a Neurologist.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Ulnar Neuropathy at the Elbow.
- Following Consultation or review with a Consultant.
- Following review by Consultant Neurologist or Neurosurgeon.