Hospital acknowleges the hard work of staff01 March 2018
Cork University Hospital is experiencing significant challenges in maintaining services in light of the adverse weather conditions .
Almost 40 staff stayed in accommodation in the hospital last night and the same number are expected to stay tonight.
A further 30 staff availed of hotel accommodation which has allowed critical services to be maintained.
- All Out Patient Deparment clinics are to be cancelled.
- All elective Endoscopy cases are to be cancelled.
- All elective surgical procedures are to be cancelled.
- All elective cardiology services are to be cancelled.
The following services will continue to be provided accepting that many patients made not be able or willing to attend those services and accepting that staff may not be able to attend for work.
- Dialysis treatment will continue
- Chemotherapy services will continue
- Radiation Oncology treatments
The Executive Management Board acknowledges the support of the local Civil Defence, Gardai, Defence Forces and other personnel who assisted in collecting patients and staff.