Compliments & Complaints
We welcome and value your comments, compliments and complaints on the services and care provided by Cork University Hospital.
Making a Comment, Compliment or Complaint
If you would like to make a comment, compliment or complaint about any aspect of our service you can do one of the following;
By Email: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Online: Your Service, Your Say Tell us about Your Patient Experience
By Letter: Forward your feedback to us in writing to:
Risk Management Department, Cork University Hospital, Wilton, Cork, T12 YE02
By Phone: Call us Monday to Friday (8:30am to 5:00pm) on 021-4920362. CUMH related please call 021-4920707
In Person: Talk to any member of staff or call to the Risk Management Department, Administration Corridor, CUH
Alternatively ask at Main Reception for a member of our staff to meet you. Your complaint will be dealt with by a nominated complaint officer.
What Happens Next?
- In the case of a comment or a compliment we will send you a letter of acknowledgement if you provide your contact details.
- We will pass on your comment or compliment to the relevant department/ward.
- If it is a verbal complaint, every attempt will be made to try to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
- A written complaint will be acknowledged in writing within five working days from the date it is received. The letter will also tell you the name of the nominated complaints officer who will investigate your complaint.
- The complaints officer will look into your complaint within 30 working days of the date when it was acknowledged.
- Once the investigation is complete, we will provide you with a written response explaining the outcome and conclusions of the investigation.
Further Information On Our Complaints Process