Inspired To Return To Nursing?
CUH welcomes and encourages nurses who wish to return to nursing. Accordingly, CUH is one of the sites undertaking a back to nursing programme. http://www.cuh.hse.ie/Research-Education/Nursing-Midwifery/Centre-Of-Nurse-Education/Education-Courses/
The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI) recommends that a registered nurse who is returning to practice after an absence of five years or more should undertake a Return to Nursing Practice programme prior to practicing as a nurse. The participant must be on the Active Register or eligible to apply to register with the NMBI. Return to Nursing and Midwifery programmes must be approved by the NMBI. Clinical placements must take place in a healthcare institution approved by NMBI.
The current National Return to Midwifery Practice course is twelve weeks in duration (three weeks theory and nine weeks clinical midwifery placement) and is provided to enable midwives to update both their theoretical knowledge and their clinical skills. Attainment of competence in clinical practice may be assessed using the Competence Assessment Tool (NMBI, 2015).
Application Process Includes:
- Complete an expression of interest/application form
- Submit a NMBI letter of registration or letter directing them to undertake a Return to Nursing Practice programme as a pre-requisite to registration
- Complete the requisite Garda Clearance documentation and processes
- Complete a Pre-Placement Health Declaration form
- Obtain information regarding the applicant’s immunization status from GP
Further Details and Application Forms at CUH
Contact: Ms Hilary Cotterell, Centre of Nurse Education, Cork University Hospital
Tel 021-4928036 Email: Hilary.Cotterell@hse.ie
HSE Return to Nursing & Midwifery Practice
For further details and expression of interest forms contact:
Lorna Byrne at email@example.com or on 01 8131810